ORGANIZATION: Indian Trails LOCATION: Kalamazoo, MI SALARY: Average yearly earnings of $42,500
This position is responsible for safely operating the company’s equipment under all conditions and in accordance with prevailing laws and company policy. Courteously provides for the comfort and safety of the passengers and operates the company’s vehicles in a manner that will reflect appropriately on the company’s good name and reputation by showing the highest level of road courtesy, professional driving skill and consideration for the safety of other highway users. No previous commercial vehicle driving experience is necessary.
• Provides safe transportation service for the company’s customers in both regular scheduled and charter service.
• Operates the motor coach according to schedules and itineraries under normal conditions.
• Uses all mechanical units of the motor coach properly.
• Performs minor tasks to the motor coach as needed.
• Responsible for the collection and proper accounting of fares and tickets.
• Makes proper written reports as required.
• Safeguards all Company equipment and property entrusted to their care.
• Keeps Department of Transportation logs, trip reports and other written material current.
• Wears and maintains the prescribed and proper uniform at all times in neat and serviceable condition.
• Reports for duty properly rested and able to meet the demands of safe driving and customer service.
• This position requires knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired through a High School diploma.
• Must be at least 24 years of age.
• Must be able to write, speak and read English.
• Must complete the written test requirements of the Secretary of State and possess a Temporary Instructional Permit for Commercial Driver’s License Type B license at a minimum, with air brake and passenger endorsements.
• Individual will be trained on the job and must complete and pass certification in the Indian Trails Drivers Training program along with the mandatory skills test for CDL licensing.
• Must possess and maintain a driving record which permits them to be insurable under the Company’s insurance policy.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (SKA) Required:
• Customer service oriented with a pleasant personality and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to pass a Department of Transportation physical exam along with a mandatory drug and alcohol screening.
• Ability to work a variable schedule (including nights and weekends).
• Ability to lift or manipulate baggage and cargo up to 75 pounds.